Clarity

Clarity

Sunday 9 March 2014

Food: Tai Lei Loi Kei @ Taipan, USJ

I've heard previously of this restaurant, Tai Lei Loi Kei from my friends on their infamous pork chop bun which originated from Macau. First thought that came to my head was that it was probably somewhat similar to the usual burgers. 

Anyway, I headed over to try it out because yes, I've never tried it before. We went to the Taipan USJ branch, but bear in mind that they have 17 outlets altogether in Malaysia and there are plans to expand to Penang as well as Malacca.

Okay, now let's have a look at the food!



Signature Pork Chop Bun
What a generous portion of pork chop! I would have to say that this was definitely one of the best dish of the day. The meat was tender and juicy at the same time. The bun was toasted and buttered, I really loved the flavour and combination!


Polo Pork Chop Bun
This is exactly the same as the previous one. The only difference is that the bun used for this is a pineapple flavoured bun or 'polo' bun as it is more famously known. I didn't quite enjoy this combination because I felt the sweetness of the bun failed to compliment the meat which was more to savoury and salty.


Signature Pork Chop Bun with Cheese & Ham
Yums! Honestly, the add-ons brought out the flavour of the pork chop :) This definitely satisfied my cravings and the serving size is really huge.



Pork Chop Bouncing Noodles
This noodles came with add-ons of luncheon meat, ham and a fried egg. They served the pork chop in a separate plate. The texture of the noodles was bouncy as the name suggests and it is made out of duck eggs which I found extremely unique. 


Supreme Chicken Chop Rice with Egg
I didn't like this at all. The chicken chop was way too salty while the rice which smelled of pork lard was just nauseating for me. I can almost imagine the amount of calories this have for a health freak like myself.


Fish Ball Curry Noodles
This was similar to the Nyonya laksa as it is filled with 'santan' (coconut milk). The soup was quite rich and a bit spicy. Although this would probably be high in cholesterol, I think it's worth it!


Macau Chicken Wings
The chicken was well grilled and wasn't too oily for me. It's best to eat this once its served hot because the skin isn't crispy anymore if left uneaten for a long time. For the price, I think the serving is pretty decent. 


Original Sawdust Cake
A pure indulgence! This cake is made only from milk and cream. The consistency and texture was exactly the same as ice cream. The perfect dessert for those who like something mild after a heavy meal. Don't be afraid to try this because the 'sawdust' is actually biscuit crumbs! :)

That's all, lovelies! I'll definitely head there again sometime soon for their lovely pork chop buns and sawdust cake. Overall, I think this place is great for those who students like me to hang out on the weekends. Be prepared to spend approximately RM 20 for a decent meal here.

Here's the address!

Tai Lei Loi Kei
4A, Jalan USJ 10/1J, Top Speed Business Centre, Subang Jaya, Puchong.

No comments:

Post a Comment